Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This seems to be the missing link. What we did to the tractors or the shop are getting bogged down by what we did WITH our tractors.

I'm starting this without anything to add for today...I'm getting ready to go to work. My one day a week job (due to the Mexi-beer bug) that lasts for anywhere from 4 - 15 hours (normal pre-Mexi-beer bug hours were anything from 30-50 hours in three or four days a week). There's a new dispatcher for a while and she doesn't get the fact that I at least like to know beforehand how long I'm going to have to work even though I've asked twice to be informed of that... :mad:

However, yesterday I already mentioned what I did to my Oliver tractor. What I did with my Oliver tractor was to move large round bales from the field to up by the house so they are easily accessible after the snow flies.

I also used the 318 with the box blade to rearrange some gravel in my dooryard and scuff out some weeds growing up there. I put two of the suitcase weights on the box blade and it made a world of difference in it's dragging ability on gravel! It doesn't skip and bounce as it did before. I think I'm going to put one more back there to see if it eliminates the bouncing problem altogether.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
So does any activity WITH your tractor count, or are we just talking feats of strength & daring (without being stupid/unsafe)? Could get photo heavy...

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not judging. If you can get your tractor to do a back flip I think pictures would help prove it. But anything that you do with a tractor. Work tractors interest me, trailer or garage Queen's, not so much. But if they do it all, so much the better!

Maybe this thread won't leave me feeling guilty about what I do with my tractor when I don't know exactly which thread it should go in. I always felt I was hijacking one or the other.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I often feel the same way, unless a specific topic is at hand. Plus most of the time I don't bother/think to take photos of the chores/tasks I do with my tractors...just doesn't enter my mind. Some folks really like to see pix in every thread...I manage to do that occasionally if I think the repair/chore I'm doing will help someone else who may face the same problem in the future.
Been thinking about mowing the back ditch bank edge with the 212 before I get the blade on the 430 and clean/reopen the ditch itself...I'll try to remember to use my dumbphone camera if I do.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I often feel the same way, unless a specific topic is at hand. Plus most of the time I don't bother/think to take photos of the chores/tasks I do with my tractors...just doesn't enter my mind. Some folks really like to see pix in every thread...I manage to do that occasionally if I think the repair/chore I'm doing will help someone else who may face the same problem in the future.
Been thinking about mowing the back ditch bank edge with the 212 before I get the blade on the 430 and clean/reopen the ditch itself...I'll try to remember to use my dumbphone camera if I do.
I don't see a need for being picture heavy.

We work on or in our shops, we work on our tractors; those both have their places already. Much of what is posted in those two are what we used our tractors to do. No big thang. Just thought a thread dedicated to the mundane chores, and as it was called, feats of daring-do, could use it's own place. Maybe some ...'don't do this', 'don't try this at home, trained professional on closed course' or 'my learning experience for the year', type posts.

You know the kind...you pulled a 4' diameter tree over with a 110 maybe. Or not even close to that extreme like 'I moved my son's (grandson's) basketball hoop with my 400'.

That's it...live or die, here's the place.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
On the new site am getting used to attaching photos as thumbnails instead of full size. Not a computer guru but I think this helps keep file sizes lower. Thumbnails can be enlarged by clicking on them ... Gabby

Reactions: Randy-IA

·
Registered
588 Posts
put a pallet on the little forks I had and added some weight and drove around a area where I had pulled out some trees "4440 and a long cable ripped out stump and all from My Uncle" My Dad is pretty good for dirt work so he leveled area off with his Ford Boomer tractor and bucket. I finished up with the 69 140 and a pallet a and put a bucket of tires chains on it for weight and drove around getting the dirt leveled off. Kids decided that they wanted to ride on the pallet as well for weight made the 140 grunt a little more with all 3. worked pretty well with just 1 but I could pull all 3 just was not able to turn around is all.

20200802_144736.jpg

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
If you moved the family closer to rear of tractor it may have handled it a little better. Still, nice family first, nice rig second ... Gabby

·
Registered
588 Posts
thanks Gabby,

I had to put a little bit of lift on the 3 point to keep the pallet from digging in to much. It worked really nice with the 1 kid for weight as I could turn with the pallet down and drag the area around corners as well. but when the other kids saw the 1 kid riding around behind the tractor they wanted in on the action as well!

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Is that an ALZ Load Lifter or your own design/manufacture. I have a load lifter on my 314 at my rural property but haven't got the tractor out yet this year. I have too many tractors.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Gabby it is a ALZ Load lifter, I got it the same day I was at your house to pick up the tiller you had gotten for me.

so far I really like it. It has come in Handy for moving a bunch of things around for me!

Forks can come off and there a 2" reciever hitch built in and then I can reverse mount it and it has a Weight bracket on it to put some suitcase weights on it..

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I like the load lifter. Did have one issue with it. The forks are not tempered and will bend. I was plowing snow with 314 and 54" blade, backed into curb with forks lowered (fluid filled AG's ... no chains). I bent one of the forks. Welder in town has a large press and straightened for me.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Today I went to an auction to find a set of tires because i found this while welding that 3ph lever back together...
KIMG1215.JPG KIMG1214.JPG KIMG1213.JPG

Not happy at all about that. My tire guy said a boot won't hold.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Cleaned out and took down my Round-Top tarp shelter today to make room for a pole shed. The shed should go up early next month. It isn’t even up yet and I’m concerned it won’t be big enough. I’m somewhat landlocked so it really can’t be a whole lot bigger. Either way it’ll be way better than the tarp shelter!

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Sheds/garages are never big enough. The shed size at my rural property was determined by the space I had. It is too small. I knew before I started I would probably be adding a second building.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Same with boats...the affliction is called two-foot-itis. But if you don't have stuff spilling out of your shop, it's not a shop right? Just a storage bin.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Tractors tucked away while tropical storm blows thru. Raining heavy and wind is picking up. All types of warnings out: flash floods, tropical storm, and even tornado.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Only used a couple of them today! We had a thunderstorm a couple of days ago that broke some limbs from a soft Maple. Also trimmed some low hangers out of the way for mowing. Got the new Power King chipper & 17P cart out:
HPIM3003.JPG

HPIM3004.JPG

HPIM3005.JPG

HPIM3006.JPG

1 - 20 of 44 Posts