Weekend Freedom Machines banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Used the 322 to haul the garden cart out front, load up potted plants and relocate them to the backyard again...had to move them all out front when the landscapers laid my new zoysia sod. Planted some more wintergrass and used the 212 as a rolling seed packer...which works really well. Pete, repeat tomorrow when I get the west side of the backyard seeded for winter. Then I can work on getting the first blanket of leaves out away from the house front and back, and pick them up with the MCS519 or the Cyclone Rake if I get real motivated. Then I need to mow the frontyard and back bank down real short, run the aerator around and get them overseeded with wintergrass.
Waiting for a drawbar for the 322's 3 pt hitch to arrive. Meanwhile I can put the back blade behind it and get after the ditches out back and move some dirt around in the west firebreak...unless the 430 starts whining and wanting to work, too.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Rolled the 430 out of the shop after a basic service/maintenance once over, hooked up the back blade and got to work cleaning, re-opening the south and west ditches along our property lines. Caught the soil moisture just right, only took three passes in each ditch to get the depth and side slope that I like. Then turned the back blade parallel with the tractor and used the Johnny Bucket Sr to spread and grade the leftover topsoil that the landscaper dumped alongside my west fence in the fire break. Got one of the low spots leveled out and sloped to drain to the west ditch. Now I need to have a half load of topsoil dumped out front and continue the job along the length of the west fence...which borders on a belt of woods. Then I used the bucket to push some brush back from the far side of the west ditch...need to hit that strip with some herbicide come spring.
Next task is to pull leaves away from the front of the house, into the frontyard, pick them up with the Cyclone Rake and 212, then mow the front yard down close and run the spike aerator over it with the 322 before I overseed with wintergrass. Hope to get some wintergrass up this year before the trees do their "full dump" of leaves...typically just after the 2nd or 3rd serious freeze. Then I need to do the same along the south yard outside the backyard fence...mow close and overseed.
Meanwhile I'm getting itchy for another project and have my eye out for a 216 with manual PTO that isn't a complete basket case. If anyone knows of one south of KC and west of St. Louis let me know.
JD430.jpg

41 - 42 of 42 Posts