Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking off and on for a year for a working deck nearby. Finally found this one on c....list. now I am going to have to work on this if it will ever cut grass. I am perplexed by the divider that appears to carry clippings thru a very narrow channel. Is this correct? Could someone share a photo of a non-adulterated deck bottom please. This looks more like a stump grinder.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
I've never owned this version of a deck but I think you should verify the blade belt routing. There doesn't seem to be a lot of belt wrap around the center blade. That may cause it to slip. If you seeing a poor cut along the center that's the problem. Usually, the "v" belt should wrap at least halfway around any pulley.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Could you check what the gearbox ratio is. Mine is getting a bit loose in the keyways and I would like to have a spare on hand if it grenades before I get to fixing it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where are you located and what tractor is the deck going on? You’re around bainbride ga?
Thomas, yes I am in Bainbridge. I got the 48 to go on my 318 and I haven't completely assessed it yet. The spindles turn but pulleys are rough. The deck has a significant patch in it and has a few small rust holes. I'm not sure what all it needs as the bushing on one of the tensioners is not riding true.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts