Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello internet people...John Deere mower lovers, antique mower aficionados? Whatever y'all would like to be called.
This is my first day here and first day owning a classic JD mower. I decided a few weeks ago that I wanted an older riding mower. I started searching CL and found what looked to be a JD 110. I contacted the guy and started doing some research. I initially narrowed it down to a 2nd generation 110. The ad wasn't very descriptive and the pics weren't very good. Paraphrased: Antique John Deere mower, don't know how long it's been sitting. Tires hold air. Motor not locked up. $200 or trade.
I ended up trading him for some woodworking tools(routers, sander, etc) that I inherited and never used. So basically, i'm in it for the gas and time it took me to go get it.

There is very little other than surface rust and rusty bolts. A few small holes in the deck(pencil eraser). The hood is cracked and busted in a few places but it's fiberglass so no biggie. The top of the grill will need to be replaced along with all the knobs.
I know this isn't going to be an "i'll wash it and change the oil, ready to mow!" situation. I'll be lucky if I can use it this season. I plan to tear it down, soda blast everything and take inventory of what needs to be replaced and what is salvageable. I'll also tear down the motor and see what shape it is in and how much work I have ahead of me.
Once I got it home, I started doing some research based off the tag and have narrowed it down to a 1969 model. If anyone cares to correct me, the type/serial is:
T0641 137540 M

I look forward to my new project and will try to take and post as many pics as possible.
Here's the beginning:

I'll figure out how to rotate future images as well, just don't have time at the moment so forgiveness please.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
welcome to the green club, its addictive

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Welcome!
You got your self in deep. Good project to work on.
Once you get it done, you'll want a round fender.:thumb:

·
Administrator
6,177 Posts
:welcome:

Using our registry here, your 110 is indeed a 1969. Here is the info from the registry.

Here is the information about the Tractor T0641137540M
Model:110
Typecode:T0641
Serial Number:137540
Model Year:1969
Engine Model and Size:K181 Kohler 8HP
Lift Type:Manual
Paint:Green/Yellow
Manufactured Location:Horicon, WI

·
Premium Member
4,422 Posts
Welcome to the 1969 110 club,I'm just finishing up a 69 110 myself,just the hood and hood decals to go

Load your wallet and have some fun

Attachments

Reactions: TexKev
1 - 7 of 7 Posts