Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2,614 Posts
Your guess is as good as mine.
Looks like they fabricated all the sheet metal (?) covering any tell tale sign of original tractor.

· Registered
9,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is what properly using up yer front tires looks like. So what if it steers like a dinner plate? :D

The seller knows what it is really worth -- since he is asking $250 CDN for it...

The opposed twin B&S engines in most Craftsman mowers were black, but the MTDs did have red ones...
View attachment 284737

Chuck

· Registered
40 Posts
The seller knows what it is really worth -- since he is asking $250 CDN for it...

The opposed twin B&S engines in most Craftsman mowers were black, but the MTDs did have red ones...
View attachment 284737

Chuck
you could get a craftsman "red top" but it only came in the "IC" models. referring to Industrial Commercial series, I believe they were called and in 22HP.

· Registered
9,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After an apocalypse you never see anybody mowing grass. No snow blowing either. Terrible property maintenance. I think we can all agree neglecting your lawn is never ok. Not even if it gets nuked or an asteroid hits it. That's actually the worst time to be lazy. You should immediately get some good topsoil and rake it around where your lawn used to be and seed it.

There's actually a silver lining to your yard being blasted into space. All the weeds will be gone too, except Creeping Charlie of course. You could plant that shlt on the moon and it would flourish and by the next spring it would have spread to Mars.

· Registered
1951 JD B, 1967 JD 110-Rf, 1969 JD 110-Sf custom, 1972 JD 110-Sf
862 Posts
After an apocalypse you never see anybody mowing grass. No snow blowing either. Terrible property maintenance. I think we can all agree neglecting your lawn is never ok. Not even if it gets nuked or an asteroid hits it. That's actually the worst time to be lazy. You should immediately get some good topsoil and rake it around where your lawn used to be and seed it.

There's actually a silver lining to your yard being blasted into space. All the weeds will be gone too, except Creeping Charlie of course. You could plant that shlt on the moon and it would flourish and by the next spring it would have spread to Mars.
I use to watch the zombie series " the walking dead" and wondered " why did everyone's lawns look so nice during a zombie apocalypse?" This explains it so much........there were a bunch of garden tractor enthusiasts in that town.......

In one episode the group was hiding out in an old feedmill across from an equipment dealership. There was a self propelled forage harvestor and a combine on the lot. I thought " why don't they use those to chop up the zombies, put them in a manure digester to make energy, and repower their town?"

· Registered
9,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:D An alternative would be to peel all the warning labels off, remove every safety switch and all the belt and shaft guards off a combine, then get the zombies to run it. Then we'd see how tough they are with their legs twisted up like pretzels, their arms missing and their head jammed in an auger. I know I'd be less effective that way.

There was a self propelled forage harvestor and a combine on the lot. I thought " why don't they use those to chop up the zombies, put them in a manure digester to make energy, and repower their town?"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts