Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is somewhat embarrassing but I am hoping to prevent myself from having to open my transaxle again. I had a couple of leaky seals and a disintegrated gasket so I separated the halves and replaced all the seals and checked over the gears. Everything looked good I don't recall removing anything from inside the trans but I could have. After all was said and done and I buttoned everything up and I was cleaning I found this and now I am in a bit of a panic. Can anyone tell me what this is and where it goes. My assumption is it's the axle seal sleeve but I am not really sure. I looked over the manual from peerless and looked at the thread in the Tech section but couldn't place this part. TIA for any help you guys can provide.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm glad to report you were correct that spacer was missing. Must have fallen off when I pulled the tripple gear. It has now been replaced and is back in line where it belongs. Tested the trans and it seems to work correctly in all gears moving by hand. Now to put it back in the tractor for the real test. Thanks again guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.