Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the rear mower deck hanger called? Is there a secret to getting the left side off? The right just lifted uo and over the round knob but can't seem to do the same with the left.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is my 1968 To581 H1 140 sn 003253M. The arms are the same on my 68, and 73 140. I tried to uplad a picture but don't know how to attach it.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Woody, Those are called lift straps. And yes, one side usually comes off easily and one side is a pain in the butt! I can't remember if it's up or down, but play with the deck lift lever and one way or another you'll clear the hose it's hitting. Bob

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Bob, I tried first on my 69 and then on the 73 and ran into the problem on both. Are these still available from John Deere?

·
Registered
475 Posts
I had to on mine make sure your depth control on the tractor is all the way down so you can pull the rock shaft down all the way,

then also on the lift strap you may have to take out the Bolt J hook part to allow you more wiggle room to get it off or at least back the nut all the way to the top of the J hook threaded rod and then you can get it to come off.

best of luck mine was a pain also.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
He-he, not too much difference between the piping on a 69 or 73 or a 314, or a 317!! I believe they're still available through dealer. Bob

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see why I could not find it, I was thinking these were part of the tractor and was looking at that section, they are in the mower parts catalog.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts