Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1987 John Deere 420
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this plow today. Saw it on fb marketplace and thought I could make it work with my tractor. I will obviously need to come up with a way to attach it, but it ended up being much cheaper than any of the other sleeve hitch or 3 point plows I was seeing.

I'm curious what machine it originally might have originally been for and how it was intended to be used. Was it just pinned to a hitch dragged with no depth control?

Bumper Wood Tire Trigger Wheel

· Super Moderator
4,605 Posts
with no depth control
The depth control is the top rod which changes the angle of the plow, When shortened it increases depth and lengthen will make a less depth. Brinly has this rod on some of their setups. It allows adjustment for hitch heights and different size tires. And I'M guessing the clevis was attached to a lever or hydraulic arms

Reactions: michaelm

· Registered
1987 John Deere 420
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The guy I bought it from had it rigged up to a Bolens garden tractor with a winch to lift it by the clevis. It wasn't a factory setup for sure.

I'm thinking the simplest thing for me to do is bolt or weld it to a piece of 2" square tubing and use the 2" receiver on my 3 point drawbar.

· Super Moderator
4,605 Posts
The guy I bought it from had it rigged up to a Bolens garden tractor with a winch to lift it by the clevis. It wasn't a factory setup for sure.

I'm thinking the simplest thing for me to do is bolt or weld it to a piece of 2" square tubing and use the 2" receiver on my 3 point drawbar.
Sounds like a good plan. It would let you remove it easily. Just remember one wheel (the right one) will be in the furrow. You might have one wheel on six+ inches of boards so you get the correct orientation to get a flat furrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts