Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two rims (5-bolt) here with 3-bolt hubs and don't know what they fit. They had on 13x5-6 tires. Measurements are: Outer width, edge to edge, 6-1/4", Outside diameter 9-1/8", Inside diameter of hub is 3/4", length of hub is 3-7/8", and appears to be held onto the axle by 2 bolts or pins, on each end.

I guessed on this forum, as the size. Any ideas?

·
Registered
617 Posts
The model 55, 56, 57 and 90 riders all had 8” diameter rear wheels. The model 50 dump cart had that tire size but I do not think they ever used a hub. My guess would be some other piece of JD OPE.

·
Banned
16 Posts
Boy do I have a trailer those would fit on if the bolt pattern is the same. I have looked for a spindle like that to use regular trailer tires on a small trailer. If you decide to get rid of them, let me know. I would be willing to take a chance and but the spindels. I don't need the rims. [email protected] Thanks.

·
Banned
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Guys! Slight correction, the tires that were on it were 16x6.50-8, not the ones I mentioned before. They appear to be the same rims that are on my 2 68's I have. I never thought to look at them as they were buried in the barn.

I dug around in the jdparts lookup system, and the 55 & 56 used 4.80-8 rear tires? The 57 appeared to use the 16x6.50-8 tires, and the hub part # AM33566 looks like this one, used on the model 55 and 57. Please correct me if I am wrong. I think I may go with the guess that these came off a early model 57 as per the tire size.

Thanks for your help guys!

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I think more of the parts on the 68's were black as well, and the other earlier RER's had more green on them. Looks like your hubs are green, so I would guess not a 68, but a 57 like you mentioned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.