Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m just curious what would make your perfect garden tractor. Let the imagination run wild.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My perfect dream tractor would be a scaled up round fender. About the size of a 430. 26x12 ags, 18” ribs, 3 cyl diesel, power steering, H3, 3pt, front and rear PTOs, foot control hydro, cutting brakes.

Reactions: Grant Baker

·
Registered
481 Posts
Off the hip quick,

metal 140 style hood grill etc
26x12x12 ags on back power adjust spin out rear rims.

tri rib on front.
mini 4020 rear fenders
430 3 cylinder Diesel engine
3point
hydro front and back
420 mid mount deck hookup
318 hydro dash lever
foot hydro pedal
L/R brake pedals
clutch pedal

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Off the hip quick,

metal 140 style hood grill etc
26x12x12 ags on back power adjust spin out rear rims.

tri rib on front.
mini 4020 rear fenders
430 3 cylinder Diesel engine
3point
hydro front and back
420 mid mount deck hookup
318 hydro dash lever
foot hydro pedal
L/R brake pedals
clutch pedal
Good call on the power adjust rims!

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I would go for a stretched 212/214/216, powered by a 3-cyl Yanmar (diesel or gas), 3-pt hitch, rear pto, 3 hydro circuits (like a 430), 4-speed Peerless tranny with Hi-Lo range and a tall, fat-man's seat.:good:

·
Registered
405 Posts
I like tmacs suggestion, with the addition of a locking differential.

Reactions: MiniHomesteader

·
Registered
131 Posts
A garden tractor sized version of an 8020 or 7520. Rated at 30hp, with either power reverser or e-hrydo, shift able 4wd, front pto, hydraulic hookups, and the ability to mount a blade or the model 59 two stage snowblower on the front. Also an optional sound guard cab would be nice.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
A 400 with 4WD, diff lock, tight cornering, true hydrostatic steering, standard 4.5" bolt pattern hubs, water cooled engine for cab heat, standard rear 540 PTO, super easy front attachment and deck mounting, better cab integration (especially with a loader mounted) and big fat ATV style tires front and back. Basically a 750 or an 850 but the size of a 400, and I'd keep the 400 body style.

Whoops, almost forgot hydro foot control so a joystick loader control can be mounted on the right. I can barely scratch my nose with my left hand without sticking my finger in my eye. And since this is an 'I wish it had <fill in the blank> tractor I'd also like a cab and attachments that appear and disappear as needed like Ironman's helmet.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes Army! I like the appearing/disappearing attachments! Nothing more fun than wrestling a 150 pound rusty tiller onto your freshly painted 110!

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
It's a less aggravating procedure to pull the engine out than put the blower on my 400. Not a problem caused by wear and tear or inexperience or whatever. It's just a stupid design. Makes me wonder if the engineers knew how bad it is and put it in production anyway, or if they didn't even bother with testing. Either way they're not on my Christmas list.

Yes Army! I like the appearing/disappearing attachments! Nothing more fun than wrestling a 150 pound rusty tiller onto your freshly painted 110!

Reactions: jd195350

·
Registered
42 Posts
A 400 with 4WD, diff lock, tight cornering, true hydrostatic steering, standard 4.5" bolt pattern hubs, water cooled engine for cab heat, standard rear 540 PTO, super easy front attachment and deck mounting, better cab integration (especially with a loader mounted) and big fat ATV style tires front and back. Basically a 750 or an 850 but the size of a 400, and I'd keep the 400 body style.

Whoops, almost forgot hydro foot control so a joystick loader control can be mounted on the right. I can barely scratch my nose with my left hand without sticking my finger in my eye. And since this is an 'I wish it had <fill in the blank> tractor I'd also like a cab and attachments that appear and disappear as needed like Ironman's helmet.
How about a 755

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm pretty sure my next tractor is a 755 4WD w/Loader. Mower would be great too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have been looking at x55’s with loaders. I would trade everything but my 430 for one. In a pinch I would take a 4000 series but I prefer metal fiberglass to plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think my dream tractor would be a 1926 John Deere “Nickle Hole” D. Haha, are you listening Santa!?
My dream garden tractor would be 332 with foot controls, a two speed rear end and a differential lock. I have a 1025r and it is like a big Cadillac garden tractor but the mower deck sucks in my opinion. But you can’t beat the 4wd and front end loader for almost every chore imaginable.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I actually forgot about the 755's when I did the post. I'm JD for garden tractors but Ford for bigger stuff. Not as familiar with larger JD's.

How about a 755

·
Registered
15 Posts
A garden tractor sized version of an 8020 or 7520. Rated at 30hp, with either power reverser or e-hrydo, shift able 4wd, front pto, hydraulic hookups, and the ability to mount a blade or the model 59 two stage snowblower on the front. Also an optional sound guard cab would be nice.
Sounds almost like my 2520, a 2720 would meet the horsepower requirement.

I thought my X748 with 3-point lift and rear PTO was about perfect, but I like the dual range transmission and slightly larger size of my 2520, now that I have it.

Now, if you want to down-size a bigger machine to a garden tractor size, I'd like a 9620RX in an X7 size
maxresdefault.jpg

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
A small version of that 9620 would be the strangest looking garden tractor ever made. But if you're willing to build one we're all willing to try liking it. :lol:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts