Weekend Freedom Machines banner

2001 - 2020 of 2047 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
For the blade cylinder Flip Mfg. sells one which I think is for the 54 front blade for somewhere around $220. I have the link to their website in the general repair section.

Reactions: N2 Tractors

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
For the blade cylinder Flip Mfg. sells one which I think is for the 54 front blade for somewhere around $220. I have the link to their website in the general repair section.
Thank you DEERE317, Gabby and a couple other members confirmed for me that the cylinders on a 54” 4 way snow plow are the same cylinder AM31362 that can be used on the 54C belly blade. I have several of those on the 54” 4 way blades I have laying around the yard in the back. So I’m good and thank you for the offer to the link of new cylinders.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Your welcome.

Reactions: gabby_in_wis

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Still learning what all the things I got last Monday are called and model numbers of each. Last thing I just researched turnes out to be a Brinly Hardy A frame HH-1000 that did not come equipped with the sleeve hitch adapter. Instead it came with a plate and 2” ball.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Buddy turned me into this one. Motor is free but that's all the good stuff I can say about it at the moment. Pretty sure that's a cub hood too but no big deal. Can barely read the tag but it's a 65 and turned out to be in my price range. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet but for the winter it's going behind the barn with a good ol' canvas tarp.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Creative hood.... You can probably find a used hood and HAPCO use to sell reproduction hood. I have not looked lately. If the serial number plate is still there ( on pedestal under steering wheel) we can find out the year. I'd say it is a 110 probably 65 or 66 from what I can see. I restored a bunch of these over the years. They are fun projects.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
What a great deal! Santa came early fer sure. The 3 pt disk alone is worth $400 in my area. Not many get sold. Been watching for one for years. That's a pretty fancy hood strap btw. Is it OEM?

Been a while since I bought anything deere worthy of show and tell. I'd beg y'all not to call the cops cause many will say I stole this haul for what I paid but I like to think the stars were aligned and Christmas came a little early this year. Anyway, without further ado let me introduce you to the $250.00 deal of the year for me.

View attachment 261984 View attachment 261985 View attachment 261986 View attachment 261987 View attachment 261988 View attachment 261989 View attachment 261990 View attachment 261991

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
What a great deal! Santa came early fer sure. The 3 pt disk alone is worth $400 in my area. Not many get sold. Been watching for one for years. That's a pretty fancy hood strap btw. Is it OEM?
Yeah I had a pretty good idea I was getting a very good deal the day before I went to get it after looking up what all the attachments could be going by what they looked like from the cl listed images. I’ll add a couple of those below so y’all can see what I could see before heading out to get it all.

I think this is my best haul to date and I’ve had a couple really good ones over the last couple of years ;). I made dang sure I was on time to get this package too. Especially since I was fourth in line and all other interested parties flaked out on the seller. I did not want to let this opportunity pass me by and had all my ducks in a row including preserving a Uhaul motor cycle trailer rental the day before.

The battery turned out to be good as well and is holding a charge 13+ volts. Heck just the new tires and new Interstate group 35 battery are just about the cost of entry alone. I’m still shocked I got all this for $250.

Edit: forgot to comment about the extra fancy hood strap. We “ the seller and I “ backed the tractor off of his trailer on to my rental trailer so it was loaded backwards. I did not want the hood to come flying open and get damaged or fly off onto other oncoming vehicles on the hiway so I strapped it down. A little trick I learned from my days of hauling cars.

Reactions: DEERE317

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
Went out Sunday and looked at 140 H1, parts 140 H3, and random parts. I was hoping to find parts to do some update on my 120 but did not see the parts I am looking for. Passed the offer on to next in line.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yeah I had a pretty good idea I was getting a very good deal the day before I went to get it after looking up what all the attachments could be going by what they looked like from the cl listed images. I’ll add a couple of those below so y’all can see what I could see before heading out to get it all.

I think this is my best haul to date and I’ve had a couple really good ones over the last couple of years ;). I made dang sure I was on time to get this package too. Especially since I was fourth in line and all other interested parties flaked out on the seller. I did not want to let this opportunity pass me by and had all my ducks in a row including preserving a Uhaul motor cycle trailer rental the day before.

The battery turned out to be good as well and is holding a charge 13+ volts. Heck just the new tires and new Interstate group 35 battery are just about the cost of entry alone. I’m still shocked I got all this for $250.

Edit: forgot to comment about the extra fancy hood strap. We “ the seller and I “ backed the tractor off of his trailer on to my rental trailer so it was loaded backwards. I did not want the hood to come flying open and get damaged or fly off onto other oncoming vehicles on the hiway so I strapped it down. A little trick I learned from my days of hauling cars.

View attachment 262199 View attachment 262200 View attachment 262201 View attachment 262202 View attachment 262203 View attachment 262204 View attachment 262205
Wow!! Congrats! I was definitely sleeping on that one...lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,269 Posts

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
14 1/2 hours and 570 miles round trip, I now have another model 50 snow thrower.

Just a quick inspection before I loaded it says it is mostly complete but not worthy of restoration. After it is unloaded I will get some photos and make final decision as to whether I will restore it or part it out.
  • Bought it mainly for the hydraulic chute rotator which uses AM31362 angle cylinder. If the 50 gets scrapped this will be mounted on a model 49 tall chute I have.
  • Other items of interest are
    • AM36610 tractor to gear box driveshaft
    • AM35460 gear box to drive sprocket driveshaft
    • AM35456 right angle gear box assembly
    • AM30689 lift cylinder with hoses and adapters
    • AM35478 mounting bracket
  • The sheet metal is pretty rough
    • Auger flights are severely bent ... I can straighten as long as welds are still solid
    • 3 covers are twisted and dented
    • the auger shell need further inspection. I would like to say it is solid but needs a better look.
I do have another model 50 that I may be able to combine the two attachments to make one good snow thrower.

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
Photos of model 50 snow blower I hauled home from Minnesota. The s/n is G050H 400561M. Sheet metal is really bad shape. Need to see what parts I have on the other model 50 to decide if rebuild is in the works. I plan to take this snow thrower to rural property where I can use skid steer w/pallet forks to unload. It will be stored inside.

DSCN1465.JPG DSCN1450.JPG DSCN1451.JPG DSCN1452.JPG DSCN1453.JPG DSCN1454.JPG DSCN1455.JPG DSCN1456.JPG DSCN1460.JPG DSCN1463.JPG

·
Registered
359 Posts
Photos of model 50 snow blower I hauled home from Minnesota. The s/n is G050H 400561M. Sheet metal is really bad shape. Need to see what parts I have on the other model 50 to decide if rebuild is in the works. I plan to take this snow thrower to rural property where I can use skid steer w/pallet forks to unload. It will be stored inside.

View attachment 262998 View attachment 262999 View attachment 263000 View attachment 263001 View attachment 263002 View attachment 263003 View attachment 263004 View attachment 263005 View attachment 263008 View attachment 263009
Gabby, If you end up having an extra hydraulic chute control, let me know

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
Gabby, If you end up having an extra hydraulic chute control, let me know

I buy these model 50 snow blowers specifically for that part. Seldom do I find a model 50 parts snow blower. This is only second I have found. First was a Chicago suburb and this one Minneapolis. I will keep an eye out for one hopefully in Michigan for you. FYI, never found just the chute control. Had to buy complete snow thrower. Gets kind of expensive unless you can sell other parts.

Reactions: clarke212

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
glad your trip went fine 4 you!

and thanks for dropping stuff of at my place on the way by!
No problem. In an out in a few minutes. Don't think that 317 front axle will do much for you on your 140 but the price was right. Just cleaning my garage.

2001 - 2020 of 2047 Posts