Weekend Freedom Machines banner

2061 - 2080 of 2143 Posts

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
The model 50 hydraulic rotate assembly is a simple addition but difficult (and expensive) to find. Three holes mount the assembly and 4 holes mount the cover. The worst thing about it is it is still the wire cable rotate assembly that scratches and scars the chute. It also requires an H2 tractor. I have never used (or owned) one with electric actuator. I do have an electric lift 112 SF that works well that I may need to design and electric rotate. Your hydraulic actuator just seems oversize to me. I certainly wish you luck with it.

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Congratulations Archer.

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
You're gonna have so much fun Archer! (y)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Last night the oldest informed us we're finally going to be grandparents! So, I added this to the heard. It will be here Friday. The grandchild not until October.

Sent from my VIC-20 @ 300bps.
Congrats!

Reactions: DEERE317

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Going to see our grandkids today. Gonna be nice out so more sandbox work is on the agenda. Won't be long till you're able to play with toys again and claim you're spending quality time with your grandkid Arch. (y)

Caution: pricing rant ahead.

I browse the classic car and tractor ads every morning. A lot of the sellers are clueless(!) about prices. Either that or ridiculously optimistic. Like this guy and his $2,000 210. It's in Canadian dollars so that's only about $1,500 to you Yankee boys. Don't wait! Call now! Even if it runs good I still wouldn't give him $500. If it runs bad or smokes (tractors in this condition usually do) I wouldn't go over a couple hundred and I'd have to need the parts for something else. JD 210 ad

The Classic Car ads are the worst for moronic prices. Too bad those ads aren't grouped. It would be like reading the Sunday comics. Ads that really bug me are the ones that have a "If you have to ask you can't afford it" type of sales pitch. I also loath the 'testing the waters' thing. What that typically means is somebody is offering a <full-in-the-blank> at a stupid price to see if any suckers are swimming by. The only exception I'm willing to make on guys asking crazy prices like that is if it's a truck like mine. I have a '50 and it's not lowered but so what? :D 51 Ford

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
This is what 35 grand worth of ugly looks like. Some crazy prices out there but at least we don't see a lot of this stupidity done to JD garden tractors.

·
Registered
4,015 Posts

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Warm weather has resulted in mower ads coming out of the woodwork now.

I check golf cart ads every day too. Very rare to see a parts cart or even one priced this low. Whoever buys this 3 wheeler will soon realize they corner like a 3 legged step ladder.

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Well shoot.. I thought I was in the 'This Forum' thread when I posted this stuff. Sorry to clutter up the Deere hunting.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
No sweat...as usual you are right on the money, and those are Genuine antiques man! Gotta be worth at least a grand! It’s way older than the seller dude, that makes it priceless!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Well shoot.. I thought I was in the 'This Forum' thread when I posted this stuff. Sorry to clutter up the Deere hunting.
It’s mostly a rant about hunting for Deere’s so it fits.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I replied to a cl add of a 318 for $400 in Sacramento. It sold for obvious reasons :/

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
If it's a CUT, especially a John Deere, and priced really low it's usually a scammer. Never saw any scams for garden tractors but there probably is. Not likely for 318's though. The bad guys stick to newer expensive models.

I replied to a cl add of a 318 for $400 in Sacramento. It sold for obvious reasons :/

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
If it's a CUT, especially a John Deere, and priced really low it's usually a scammer. Never saw any scams for garden tractors but there probably is. Not likely for 318's though. The bad guys stick to newer expensive models.
The seller got back to me stating there was still a non running 316 and a non running 317 for $400 each as well. I made a few comments and never heard back. I just looked for the add but it is no longer listed. It seemed legit.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Nice.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Reactions: N2 Tractors
2061 - 2080 of 2143 Posts