Weekend Freedom Machines banner

2081 - 2100 of 2143 Posts

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Matt, where did you find the sickle mower?

I got one with the collection I bought but sold it because I needed to recover some of my money. I have parts for another sickle mower and a model 33 tiller mount. pulley setup, and gearbox to mount the mower on. Maybe a next winter project.

·
Registered
1989 318
631 Posts
I scored on a Deere hunt this afternoon. There was a 110 RF posted on CL yesterday, email only, I inquired, did not hear anything until today, went to look. It is a 'barn find', not his barn, he know's nothing about the tractor, no mower deck. I said 'What the hell, I will buy it just for fun'. I gave him $300 for it, he thought he posted it for $400, I said nope. I don't know that it is even worth 3, needs 4 tires off the bat and who knows what else. But it is fun to save them! Does it run? He says the motor turns over. We will see, all good fun! Yes, I have the seat pan.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
This 210 survivor that's for sale on FB was at a local show about 10 years ago. I have no room and I wouldn't dare use it anyway. That's a deal breaker for me. I want to operate the motorized stuff I have not just look at it. The 210's story was it was only used as transportation around the John Deere plant near Brantford, ON. Never had any attachments on it but it apparently pulled JD carts around the factory too. It looks like an almost new 210 with just enough patina to match the story I was told. The guy that owned it said he had the original wheels and turf tires too. The ad is on Facebook.

Sitting at the show where I saw it years ago.

·
Registered
4,015 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Sitting in a field for many years with a bunch of weeds and overgrowth would be my guess. The 1st 140 I purchased that came with the white Johnson 12 loader had crusty stuff all over it like that.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
The 4 row J.I. Case cultivator we picked up recently is like that, along with the NH 55 rake we’re borrowing from the neighbor, the cultivator sat behind a shed in the weeds and the rake was under a carport in the woods.

·
Registered
1989 318
631 Posts
This picture may tell you how the little old 110 has been cared for...I had a difficult time opening the hood. It looks like the tag says K181 motor.

·
Registered
1989 318
631 Posts
Yeah, I know. The foot pedal assembly on the right side is a mess, it is bent for some odd reason. I have not tried to fire the motor yet. The keyswitch appears to work smoothly much to my surprise. The motor does turn over by hand. I will remove the tank and filter and clean them before adding fuel. A work in progress. I intentionally did not repaint the rear wheels when I had them off for getting new tires, I want to save the 'patina'.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Check the wiring connections carefully...if rusty, might want to jump/fire it off a battery using jump box or cables...ground to frame, hot to starter. Don’t let any smoke out of the old wires.

·
Registered
1989 318
631 Posts
I just added another Deere to the herd, this one is an early 110 SF, came with a replacement motor along with the original. It belonged to a 95-year old gent, he actually was able to help me load it on my trailer, God bless him. I hope we can all do that at 95! He had it in an old shed where the roof collapsed this year from snow load. One of my sheds suffered the same fate this spring, sure makes a mess!

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Uh oh. Tom has it bad. :p

2081 - 2100 of 2143 Posts