Weekend Freedom Machines banner
2221 - 2240 of 2275 Posts

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Very cool Arch. ATV was probably not very dog friendly either. I've put more miles on our cart driving Franky around as actually using it for yard work. He'd love your side by side.

Since selling my ATV I've been in the market for, I don't know, a golf cart i guess? Something the wife and I can ride around the property together. The ATV was not two person friendly. Today I bought this.

A friend bought it new in 2018. He's put 10.5 hour on it. His bottom dollar price turned out to be the same price I could not refuse. So, it followed me home.

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Next to being broke, a shed crammed to the rafters is the best time to shop. Ya get to keep looking. If you buy something the hunt is over.

I go Deere hunting all the time. But since I already have more machinery than fits in the shed. I'm reduced to "bird watching" instead of catching and taking home. Archerace, you bagged a trophy there with only 10.5 hours in 3 plus years.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I'm probably one of 3 people here that knows where Schwenksville is. I was there on Thursday picking up some auction buys.
Well, hello neighbor.
Did you look at that 400?
Or maybe the 445 with 40 loader that sold at auction last weekend? That was in Bechtelsville.

Reactions: jd_joe

·
Registered
202 Posts
I live up in the Poconos, between Stroudsburg and Lehighton., PA. I was down in Schwenksville picking up some stuff I bought from an online auction. You guys have MUCH better auctions in your neck of the woods than I have locally, so it seems to work out that I'm down near Bechtelsville, Barto, or Boyertown at least once a month. And to answer your question, I was unaware of either tractor you mentioned. I don't check Craig's list or Ebay very often because I've had little success finding stuff I want at prices I can afford. My recent auction purchases included a set of Lincoln Logs for $2. I'm collecting Lincoln Logs so I can FINALLY build the stuff I never had enough pieces for when I was a kid. Shhhh! I'm telling my wife that they are for our grandsons, so don't say anything, okay?

·
Registered
534 Posts
You in the west end Joe? I got a uncle that lives outside of Broadheadsville, I'm up there every weekend, mainly because my Deere herd and dogs are there.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I may have passed by you already on my bike.
I like to ride up to Maunck chunk lake and surrounding areas. I just ride where ever for hours. The secondary roads and hills are a nice getaway. Havent been able to get out for a while now, but I will in the near future.

·
Registered
202 Posts
You in the west end Joe? I got a uncle that lives outside of Broadheadsville, I'm up there every weekend, mainly because my Deere herd and dogs are there.
Yep! I'm about 3 miles south of the West End Fair grounds. And Brodheadsville is near by as well, home of the "World's Largest Shoprite" store, where I do most of my grocery shopping. My bragging about the grocery store probably says something about not much happens out here.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I may have passed by you already on my bike.
I like to ride up to Maunck chunk lake and surrounding areas. I just ride where ever for hours. The secondary roads and hills are a nice getaway. Havent been able to get out for a while now, but I will in the near future.
My wife and I like driving thru your neck of the woods because of the beautiful farm land and the many tiny picturesque villages we seem to drive thru while traveling to pick up my auction purchases. Places like Spinnerstown and Dryville.

·
Registered
1989 318
1,089 Posts
I just bagged a fawn, actually an R70, non-running $50. I just went and looked at it and paid the guy, gotta clean off my trailer and go pick it up, I will post picture then. It is pretty clean, steering stiff, seat cracked. It does not look like it has say outside forever. The guy I bought it from had bought a used Simplicity mower and 'had' to take the Deere along with it, so he basically got it for free. He jumped it and said it turns over but would not fire. The gas does not look/smell bad, I did notice the spark plug was finger-tight. I don't need another project but when the price is right I will bite. All the tires hold air and look good, that is a plus!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Nice little project for $50

There is a RX75 for sale in my area but it’s a bit more run down. Missing a seat and probably a few other things.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Nice catch Tom, might start a new thread on this in the rear-engine rider forum...would be a good one to follow along with, just sayin.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I see those for cheap around here quite often. I've thought about picking one up for the heck of it. Are they worth having around?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1989 318
1,089 Posts
Yes Tmac, just started a thread over there. Tom

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I'm probably one of 3 people here that knows where Schwenksville is. I was there on Thursday picking up some auction buys.
I know where it is. I'm just across the Delaware in Port Jervis, NY.

Reactions: jd_joe and Skwirl

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I know where it is. I'm just across the Delaware in Port Jervis, NY.
Uh oh, the secret is out.
Isnt nu yerk commi territory, lol.
Sorry, bout that, not all of nuyerk is bad. I found the northwestern area pretty nice. Up around Tug Hill plateau when I was riding sled. Osceola to Star Lake was quite enjoyable, up around Carthage area, you could find absolute silence.
Ofcourse at -20 F , nothings out, lol.
Cept a crazy Pa dutchmen, looking for peace and quiet.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Picked up this fairly original 1966 110 a few weeks back. One owner tractor only lawn tractor he ever had. It shows it was used a lot judging by the wear. Came with original dealer paper work and manuals. Got find the major engine oil leak and probably put new v-belts and adjust the variator.

Attachments

·
Registered
1989 318
1,089 Posts
Lucky you, that is a beautiful thing just the way she sits.

Reactions: jd_joe and jd140

·
Registered
295 Posts
The patina and "used/maintained" condition of the 110 is perfect. A real testament to the engineers, designers and factory workers that assembled all those tractors and the owner who maintained it and used it for 55 years. That's a classic! I love seeing every place the paint is worn knowing it's from use and not abuse! What a time capsule.

2221 - 2240 of 2275 Posts