Weekend Freedom Machines banner
2241 - 2260 of 2275 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Picked up this fairly original 1966 110 a few weeks back. One owner tractor only lawn tractor he ever had. It shows it was used a lot judging by the wear. Came with original dealer paper work and manuals. Got find the major engine oil leak and probably put new v-belts and adjust the variator.
Nice find!!!

·
Registered
1989 318
1,089 Posts
If it were a Corvette it would be shown at car shows just as it sits in the 'Survivor Class'.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
That's a great tractor, congrats on getting it.
Like Tom mentioned, it's a survivor.
It's a candidate to be left alone, for the most part. Fix up what's needed, but by and large left as is.
What a great tractor.

Reactions: jd_joe

·
Registered
202 Posts
Picked up this fairly original 1966 110 a few weeks back. One owner tractor only lawn tractor he ever had. It shows it was used a lot judging by the wear. Came with original dealer paper work and manuals. Got find the major engine oil leak and probably put new v-belts and adjust the variator.
That tractor is well worn, but I don't see any abuse. The mower deck is pretty straight, the hood has the one smallish crack. What I can see of the front grill, it looks straight. Even the rear fenders are straight! And I don't see any real rust anywhere. Yep, you definitely got a good one.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I
That tractor is well worn, but I don't see any abuse. The mower deck is pretty straight, the hood has the one smallish crack. What I can see of the front grill, it looks straight. Even the rear fenders are straight! And I don't see any real rust anywhere. Yep, you definitely got a good one.
Would like to find a better hood for it. The area around the rivets for the hood latch is missing it’s big hole. Plus I’m not sure how or haven’t figured out is the hood sits way up over the dash/steering I call it a over bite. If I start fixing this hood I’ll be forced to paint it and I really don’t want to do that. Like to keep it original has possible. Fix the leaks/ and clean it up.

·
Registered
1989 318
1,089 Posts
Yeah, if you paint the hood that will be the end of the Survivor and all we'll have is pictures of it's past glory.

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Man, that takes me back. I was about twenty when I bought my first 110. And, we also had a few of them at the paper plant I worked at back then. I actually tried to Johnny Cash one of these but an annual bonus and an untimely visit to the JD dealer put an end to that project. Our house sat on a 60 X 120 ft lot at the time. The driveway was about twenty feet long. Not much justification for it! But I would guess my tractor to grass square footage ratio was even smaller at times. I would guess I've had something green and yellow for about 40 of the 50 years since. Ten years of condo life would explain the missing time.

Reactions: jd_joe

·
Registered
588 Posts
I

Would like to find a better hood for it. The area around the rivets for the hood latch is missing it’s big hole. Plus I’m not sure how or haven’t figured out is the hood sits way up over the dash/steering I call it a over bite. If I start fixing this hood I’ll be forced to paint it and I really don’t want to do that. Like to keep it original has possible. Fix the leaks/ and clean it up.
The hood being back towards the pedestal to far is probably from the uprights being pushed back. The bolts holes at the bottom of the uprights are slotted and allow for some movement to adjust the hood to land on pedestal correctly. Maybe why there is a hole in hood as well. Ran into something over the years and shoved it all towards rear of tractor, excluding latch which was pushed through hood.

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
That's a twin of my '66. They'd make good bookends. Mine earned its keep till dad bought it, then I bought it from him and it's had an easy life with me too. Everything works. Just needs the front roller repaired and it could go mowing.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I really, really, really, really, need to empty out the back of my truck. I keep buying goodies at auction and load 'em up. Then I pull out the best stuff and the rest gets pushed to the front to make room for the next trip. Well there isn't any room left to push forward, so I know what will happen soon. I'll be driving around and will see a "Free to a good home" Deere tractor/attachment at the curb and the truck will be too full to pick it up.

·
Registered
1989 318
1,089 Posts
jd_joe....please send picture of your truck bed so we can see what treasures you have acquired, inquiring minds you know.

Reactions: jetjoe

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
I really, really, really, really, need to empty out the back of my truck. I keep buying goodies at auction and load 'em up. Then I pull out the best stuff and the rest gets pushed to the front to make room for the next trip. Well there isn't any room left to push forward, so I know what will happen soon. I'll be driving around and will see a "Free to a good home" Deere tractor/attachment at the curb and the truck will be too full to pick it up.
Still have a model 50 snow thrower in the bed of my pick up that I bought up in Minneapolis last fall.

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Nothing stays in my truck long! I have one of those plastic bed liners where everything slides all over hell. Lay a pair of gloves back by the tailgate and they'll end up in the front of the box before you get out of the driveway. You have to tie everything down!

I would get rid of the liner but I need it to protect my "Aluminum" bed. I might stupidly set my toolbox full of lead hammers on the rail of the box where it will surely fall in knocking a hole in it. TRUE! I saw it on a Chevy commercial! Back in the airplane days, we didn't allow lead toolboxes in our aluminum airplanes for the same reason. :)

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Well sadly I still have a set of yellow wheel weights in my truck bed, acquired a couple of years ago with a 317. Told myself I’d put them on the 322, but after wrestling a set of weights off my fluid filled 430 rears to have a new valve stem installed I don’t think it’s going to happen. Plus they help keep my gas cans in place when I make a fuel run...which I should do this week while fuel is still below $3 per gallon, barely.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Picked up some 110 attachments that I really don't need. A 30 tiller with extension and a 42 blade.

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
Picked up some 110 attachments that I really don't need. A 30 tiller with extension and a 42 blade.
We really don't "need" any of it. But is sure is fun to find it! The hunt is the fun part for me.

Today I found a brass tag 80 cart for $100. The usual gate rust through, but the rest is solid.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1989 318
1,089 Posts
Nice deal on the cart

·
Registered
771 Posts
We really don't "need" any of it. But is sure is fun to find it! The hunt is the fun part for me.

Today I found a brass tag 80 cart for $100. The usual gate rust through, but the rest is solid.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Nice find on the cart! It is a 1967 model.

2241 - 2260 of 2275 Posts