Weekend Freedom Machines banner
2261 - 2275 of 2275 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Are the gates interchangeable between the years? I have another cart that has a couple small holes in the bed, but the gate is good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
80 carts are cool, nice find

·
Registered
771 Posts
Are the gates interchangeable between the years? I have another cart that has a couple small holes in the bed, but the gate is good.

Yes, I believe the tailgates should be the same.

·
Registered
5,432 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
I saw that, it would be easier to drive to your place. It is more than I want to spend anyway. I am looking for a twin/second 318 though

·
Registered
277 Posts
A plow is what led me down the path to ruination.

At first It was just a little 110 mower. Then the snowblower and blade. These were all things I could use around the house in the city. But, the plow means plow day. Which means you're going to get to see all the other cool tractors in person. All tractors you'll have to own.

It's a slippery slope.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Home from my road trip to pick up 318 w/model 44 loader and 316 with Onan engine in a suburb of Chicago.

Very upset with "Free 316 tractor - with blown Onan engine". But it was free so I have to be upset with myself for not doing a better job of checking this out before accepting. The tractor (0316GX091490M) is not what it was advertised to to be. It is a 1978K 316K with blown K341AQS Kohler single cylinder engine. Tractor has nothing to help my update and get a 318 P series engine running. I do have a K341 engine from a 300 that will fit the tractor so I can restore this one. Just adds another project to my already full project jar.
Font Gas Tree Number Poster Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Green

Reactions: N2 Tractors

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
But the 316k’s are so ku-ooool!

I have a bucket list to have one of every model from 120 to 430. I’m half way there.

Missing these 120, 312, 316k, 322, 330, 332 & 430
Already Have 140, 300, 314, 317, 316, 318 & 420

Edit: I’m also missing the 400. Then all the attachments to go with them all.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
I will open a thread on the 318 with model 44 loader when I begin working on it. I had forgotten that Neil told me the front oil seal needed replacement. The tractor itself may still be brought back to life. I bought it primarily for the loader. The loader and tractor both need some restoration work. Winter projects.

The tractor has some heavy wheel weight from some other tractor. Has a modifed notch and still needs counter bore holes for mounting hardware. Also got a rear weight box that is extremely heavy. Will work good on the 332.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire Wheel Tire Vehicle Green Automotive tire Furniture Wood Rectangle Floor Bumper Green Wood Vehicle Motor vehicle Grass Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car Tire Green Automotive tire Tread Plant
Did speak with Jim. He says the front oil seal on P218 engine is replaced from the outside so should only have to remove the front pto to replace. Engine will need to be pulled to replace the starter.

Reactions: jd140

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Hunting for a hood I came across a hood that fits 110/112/120/140 for $20.00 but no shipping available so I'm not able to get it. If any one else needs a hood that would require a little repair work it's not a bad candidate located in Bristol, Indiana. Look on ebay. I was actually looking for a 420 hood.

Edit: Just discovered an offer I made on a 420 hood for $150 was accepted with free shipping.

2261 - 2275 of 2275 Posts