Weekend Freedom Machines banner
2281 - 2300 of 2329 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Well this was kind of a road kill Deere (pun intended). Dad found this LX188 and 48 Deck along the highway for free, so it’s now here with us, fate is undecided as of yet, but deck will be greatly useful on the 345.
Yes it’s in a minivan, and I wouldn’t call it an unusual haul for us.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Plant Road surface

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Also if you look at front of engine closely, it did have what looks like a small fire, presumably because the carb leaks fuel like a sieve when cranking it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I’ve got two or 3 of them that had caught fire. Must be a common problem. I’ve never been into the lx, gt series but I had one gt that I refurbed, the deck on the thing was sweet! It’s been a couple years at its new home and the guy loves it. Anyway, that’s a great score!

·
Registered
372 Posts
I just picked up a 330 for half of the asking price, thanks to our new member (ya you Jordan!). Kind of beat up but she’s a runner. Kid I got it from was jumping the solenoid to start it. I got her home and played with neutral switch, got it to key start. Fixed the glow plug relay and put a new temp sensor on it. Dash lights are working right and she’s a turn key runner. We’ll see how the radiator holds up next summer in the heat but so far, so good! 👍🏻

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Found two brand new never used sets of Good Year ag bar tires on CL yesterday for $75 per set. 23 x 8.5 x 12 Drove out to the Bay Area to pick them up today. I will eventually use one set with another set I have from a previous purchase to make duallies on a tractor with a loader. Most likely on a 140.

First set :

Automotive tire Road surface Grey Handwriting Font
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Synthetic rubber
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber
Tire Automotive tire Tread Wheel Synthetic rubber

Second set : This set came with a free new wheel.

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Synthetic rubber Tread
Tire Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber Grey
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Locking hubs

Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1989 318
1,420 Posts
Good deal! It pays to check CL daily.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Yes it does. I found an add that was only up for 13 minutes giving away a gator and f525 by the time I replied it was about 17 minutes after it was posted. That was Thursday evening. I have not heard anything back but crickets :(. Only email in cl so no ph numbers to call and not much I can do but wait but know I probably won’t be that lucky to end up with it. The 525 has a nice power steering system that can be moved to a garden tractor. The gator can be sold for a pretty penny once running again.

·
Registered
1989 318
1,420 Posts
Yes, I know how agonizing it is when all you have is the email addr. I had the same dilemma with the 300 I recently got, it took him 2 days to respond so I figured it was gone. The mind will make up all sorts of things to justify the lack on contact, like he's sick, injured, in jail, etc. Keep the faith, if it's meant to be it will be. Jeez, that sounds poetic, so unlike me!

Reactions: N2 Tractors

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Well this thing is following us home… X340 with a 54C deck, deck is great (reason for buying), dash is beat into pieces.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Vehicle

Reactions: John Deere 110

·
Registered
1989 318
1,420 Posts
I did some unintentional Deere hunting this morning. I was responding to a CL ad where the guys was getting rid of some picture shipping boxes, I ship a lot of stuff so I said I would take them. When I pulled into his driveway out in the countryside there say a 316 all by it's lonesome. I just had to ask, I can't help it. The guy say's he does not need nor want it anymore, it has a blower with it. It was too cold/windy/snowy to look at it then so he said come back when it is a bit more human. I drive an older BMW wagon, when he came out of his house he said 'I love that car!', he used to have a similar one. So we have a mutual bond. He is restoring/adding onto an older farm house so we talked about country life for a while. He has no plans of advertising the tractor for sale so it will be up to me to make a reasonable offer. I need that tractor like I need another hole in my head, but when has that stopped us?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
316K or O

·
Registered
1989 318
1,420 Posts
He said K, I did not look.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
LOL

·
Registered
1989 318
1,420 Posts
Keep the idle high to reduce the shake.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Buddy picked up a GT235 with about 497 hours on it. Got a little bit of surge going on but clean with powerflo bagger. Sorry, no pics. It was dark.

Reactions: DEERE317

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Wow. That looks like a nice set up.

Reactions: TempletonJDguy

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
“She’s a beaut Clark”

·
Registered
1989 318
1,420 Posts
And it's close to you? And the price is right (close to right??). You know if you blink it will be gone right? Are we helping at all??? Oh, I forgot to say 'Happy Birthday!'

Reactions: TempletonJDguy

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
I hesitated on a very clean 46 deck for $250 close to me. Darn it. It's gone.

Would have been nice under the 316K I am finishing up.

2281 - 2300 of 2329 Posts