Weekend Freedom Machines banner
2361 - 2380 of 2471 Posts

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
If you didn’t have the 322 I’d think you’d be super impressed with 332. The 322 is a cool tractor, sounds so super smooth. Kind of like a Toyota (in a good way) of l&g tractors. 👍🏻
Disagree.

My 332 that I am putting loader on will be a working fool as long as you are running at or near full throttle. I have a steep but short hill (let's call it a bank) I need to climb to get out of my back yard into front yard. If I try to climb the hill with just tractor and loader at below half throttle it pours out black smoke and lugs terrible to climb the bank. Give me a gas 318 any day for general purpose work that I want to run around at lower rpm.

·
Registered
806 Posts
No doubt. The last thread about the big 332 vs 318 torque I said over and over I think the 318 has more power. Generally overall though I’m starting to really love the 332. The real test for me will be how it handles the Berco blower!

·
Premium Member
9,192 Posts
A 318 DOES have more horsepower than a 332 (or the 330) -- 18 versus 16. It is the 322 that also has 18 HP.

Chuck

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Saw a listing on CL for a 200 and 216. Working on price for both...like I need two more for the herd, right? But the little voices are pestering my brain, and it would be a 1 day road adventure only. Fingers crossed...details pending. Here's the bait/offering:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Saw a listing on CL for a 200 and 216. Working on price for both...like I need two more for the herd, right? But the little voices are pestering my brain, and it would be a 1 day road adventure only. Fingers crossed...details pending. Here's the bait/offering:
Hey, atleast they aren’t rust buckets or otherwise in terrible shape!

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Yeah my thoughts exactly. Don't need another machine right now, but that's never stopped me before. The 200 has a Kohler 181, a new adventure in engine land for me. The 216 appears to be a box machine, may or may not be all there...but we'll see. They could still slip the hook as I can't go fetch them until next Saturday and of course the listing will continue on CL and FBM...but it's a "make offer" enterprise for 2 machines that are old, not running, and not real popular here in Bad Boy Zeroturn Tejas...let alone in winter. So I have shot...fingers crossed.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Tomorrow I plan on going to look at a pair of 26x12-12 rims I sold a neighbor. Hope the weather is not too nasty.

Reactions: TempletonJDguy

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I already have an expensive pair in storage. Fresh paint 26x12-12 rims with a pair of new Firestone 23° Ag tread tires. Another set of rims isn't to many though.

You"re out on the east coast aren't you. I have a 420 project tractor that I am not sure when I will get back to work on it.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Pick these 2 up today. '67 112 and '70 112H. Why? Because I could. Seller is moving and selling off his JDs.
The '67 may be donor for parts my 112 resto and the '70 may be donor for my '69 waiting patiently for it's turn.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Snow Motor vehicle

·
Registered
116 Posts
Parts machines are always good. My trailer been empty so long I didn’t release the regy. was expired. I hesitated to long Monday and missed my chance on a round fender. Was so close, when I called the gentleman answered and said please hold when he came back on the line he said it just sold. Was on the other line with the buyer. 🙄

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I always called that being the runner up. My son calls it first loser.

Reactions: farmer52

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
on the 300 I got, I was like 5th in line and every one flaked on the seller and I ended up getting a monster deal for pennies. Took about a week or two before the seller contacted me. I said I can be there tomorrow and was a couple minutes early. I was in Stockton and him in the Santa Cruz hills and I needed to rent a trailer from Uhaul. Otherwise I might of made out the same day. Seller said his parents purchased the combo from a museum in Brentwood N. Cali not LA area and he ended up having engine problems and gave up on it. Still can't believe some of the deals out there some time. It seems like getting the first couple of tractors is the hardest then every once in a while the stars align and a good deal comes around. Every dog has it's day.

·
Registered
1989 318
1,884 Posts
I love this thread! It went 22 days with no activity and I really missed it. Maybe it was the lull between Turkey day and xmas? Whatever, good to see people back out beating the bushes. I still check CL daily for any fresh meat.

Reactions: TempletonJDguy

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Learned a new trick that some sellers use...start with a generic CL posting to gauge interest. Then add a FBM post with price or adjusted price based on offers/buyer info provided by CL post. The person listing the JD 200 now has another post on CL for the 216 in boxes, and has added a post for each on FBM. Tricksey rascal.
We'll see if they disappear this week before I can go get them.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Bet your right...his back story so far is the 200 and 216 came with the property, in the barn, back in 2005...along with a goat. Goat worked, mowers didn't! Now that's some PO humor for you...I bet the 216 is in boxes/piles because of his/her efforts. I can take it apart...now what?

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
A new wrinkle, the 216 listing has disappeared and been replaced by an add for assorted parts: side panels, and hoods for a 214 and 112. Maybe the 216 sold? The listing for the 200 is still up on both sites...hmmm.

·
Registered
806 Posts
We had a guy locally list a tractor with Johnson loader for 1000$. Loader looked in nice shape. Friend sent me the link, good price. Next day ad was changed to 2500. Now this guy is just changing the ad by the minute trying to rationalize the change claiming it was his intention from the start. I’m sure it will go up some more,… people,.. 🙄🙄🙄

2361 - 2380 of 2471 Posts