Weekend Freedom Machines banner
2381 - 2400 of 2471 Posts

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I went and looked at a Deere collection yesterday that included a set of 26x12-12 rims I sold the gentleman. He is not a member here but has a friend that is a member. Sellers friend contacted me that these items were for sale. He wants a kit price so he does not have a lot of hassles. I am checking out s/n's and some other things. I do intend to purchase. He has some nice merchandise.

Reactions: jd140

·
Registered
806 Posts
I went and looked at a Deere collection yesterday that included a set of 26x12-12 rims I sold the gentleman. He is not a member here but has a friend that is a member. Sellers friend contacted me that these items were for sale. He wants a kit price so he does not have a lot of hassles. I am checking out s/n's and some other things. I do intend to purchase. He has some nice merchandise.
There’s a post on FB of a guy in Iowa that has an amazing collection of new and used stuff. Is this by chance the same one?

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
No, these items to my knowledge are not advertised. That is why I am not saying what I am buying. I want it to be a done deal when I say what I am getting.

Giving part of it away. Deere PC does not provide a list in document section for year of manufacture for model 50 snow throwers. Anyone know where I am find that information?

Reactions: TempletonJDguy

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Well, I made the commitment this morning. Told seller I would take his collection.

Not 100% sure on s/n's and age of components. Getting my rear rims back along with a
  • 420 Tractor with repower engine and 3ph … M00420X224721 … 1983
  • Model 44 loader … M00044X101952 … 1991
  • Model 50 Snow thrower … M00062X595125 … Tall chute … 1989
  • Model 50 Snow thrower … M00062X488094 … Short chute … 1983
  • Model 50 Mower deck … M01012X506229 … 1984
  • Rear pto ... Dealer that replaced engine said he needed a $400 part to install on tractor with new engine ?
  • Has an all vinyl cab on tractor but seller is keeping that.
Here are a couple teaser photos
Tire Wheel Vehicle Green Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Tool Gas Auto part Metal Nickel

Just an FYI. The original rims were filled with calcium chloride. We all know what happens to them.

Seller has compact tractor, loader, and new snow blower ordered and will not be ready to complete sale until he has his new tractor. This tractor and attachments will go into storage at my rural property until spring.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I really didn't need this and still don't. I already have 332 with model 44. Need to determine which I want to keep and the other will go up for sale.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I need to clean it up and figure out what the Dealer meant by it needed a $400 part to fit this engine. I have had issues with this dealership. The pto does not attach to the engine. The splines look real good. I will not know until I get everything home and cleaned up before I know what I will be selling. I have no rear pto attachments. Would have to spend more money it I kept it.

·
Registered
1989 318
1,883 Posts
Wow Gabby! I saw a post from Army in another thread where he mentioned you need to work on cleaning out your storage, and I did not know what he meant. I do now!

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
If anyone is interested in a 318 parts/repair(?) tractor in Kentucky, Log into Facebook

·
Registered
319 Posts
A 44 loader on a 318 420 or 430 would be awesome to have, gabby. If I could find one at a fair price I'd be tempted to jump. Even if I had to part out the rest of the package to get it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
A 44 loader on a 318 420 or 430 would be awesome to have, gabby. If I could find one at a fair price I'd be tempted to jump. Even if I had to part out the rest of the package to get it.

I already have a model 44 I am refreshing and mounting on a 332. I am not a 332 fan. The 332 or 420 will be sold because I don't use one enough so definitely cannot justify two. Pretty sure one of the model 50 snow throwers will go. And maybe, I need to see if I can use it, the rear pto may be sold. I just don't have room for everything.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I already have a model 44 I am refreshing and mounting on a 332. I am not a 332 fan. The 332 or 420 will be sold because I don't use one enough so definitely cannot justify two. Pretty sure one of the model 50 snow throwers will go. And maybe, I need to see if I can use it, the rear pto may be sold. I just don't have room for everything.
A 420 with model 44 sounds great. I'd pull my 3 pt off the 318 and make the 420 the new workhorse.

Lmk what you decide.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I have 314, 317, 318, and 332 with 3ph. The 420 I just bought also have 3ph installed. When I sell the 332 it will be setup to be a loader tractor. Problem is people don't want to pay for a unit that is setup when they buy it that is ready to go to work.

The 420 has fluid filled rear tires and a 40lb double notch weight chained to the 3ph. I can guarantee you that is not enought counterweight for that tractor. I will keep the weight box and the two 75 lb wheel weights that were on the 318 I got with the loader from Pennsylvania. That should make a good loader tractor.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would love one with power steering. If you do decide to sell them, post them on the forum so we can see what you’re getting rid of!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I posted my last 332 and it did not sell so ended up separating tractor and loader. Won't do that again. It will be advertised here first, then MTF, finally Craigslist. Will work with potential buyer if he does not think it is not worth my asking price I will start removing things until we agree.

·
Registered
319 Posts
How does the 318 handle the 44? I always thought my 318 might be a little light for a fel

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I have never operated a Model 44 on a 318; just 332. These two tractors should be comparable weight wise. Both with enough counterweight should be acceptable tractors. My first 332 did not have enough counterweight and I could not keep the rear end on the ground. The one I am working on now should be much better. Tractor will be weighted with rim guard filled rear tires, starter and double notch weight on each side, rear weight box that I have not weighed yet, and a 240 lb operator. Enough room in box if I need more weight,

Members with 318 with 44 loader are welcome to voice your opinion.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
How does the 318 handle the 44? I always thought my 318 might be a little light for a fel

This is where wheel weights, fluid filled tires, and a weight bracket on the back with adequate weight on it make the difference in how the tractor can handle loader duties. I have a johnson workhorse 12 on a 317 and it does a pretty good jub but is a bear to steer with a loaded bucket and no power steering. It lacks traction when trying to push the bucket into untilled wet clay dirt uphill. A good locking transaxle would help out a great deal with this issue. Others will chime in soon enough. There is a night and day difference in having a tractor with a loader vs pushing a wheel Barow.

Edit: Gabby beat me to it.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
A tooth bar on the bucket is also a great addition when digging a trench. I haven't seen one on a model 44 but shouldn't be to hard to fabricate one.

2381 - 2400 of 2471 Posts