Weekend Freedom Machines banner
2401 - 2420 of 2471 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
My 44 on the 332 handles just fine with some rear weight. The wheels are filled and a set of double notch weights. I had the tiller on for a while but took it off as it’s just too massive. I have had a 3/4 bucket of dirt in it with no noticeable tippiness, but I keep the bucket low to the ground and the land is flat. I’d image the two extra ponies of the 318 would help a bit on the hills. The 44 is a small bucket with a close center of gravity, well designed. Mine will not lift 500 #’s. If it did I’m sure I’d have rear traction problems with my current setup.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Well, sadly, I decided to pass on the JD 200 and 216 in boxes/pieces...plus other assorted goodies/parts. Life is just too weird right now...on the work and personal front. Plus I really don't have room for a 200 in the shop or garage, even though it looks like a gem in the rough...just needing a fuel pump says the seller. Just passing this info along in case one of the other 1-3 North Tejas forum members sees this thread and might be interested. Its on the DallasFW Craigslist site under Farm/Garden, on and on Faceshame Mrktplace/Dallas under Garden & Outdoors....just search for John Deere Garden Tractor. The first ad I answered for the 200 said make offer, so I offered what I thought was reasonable given the photos and description...$500, so unfortunately that has become the new asking price online...the seller's FBM ads went up after I contacted them through CL with an offer. Also, the ad for the 216 has disappeared and has been replaced by an "assorted parts" listing. But maybe someone else can haggle better than I can and come home with some treasure. Good luck!

·
Registered
1989 318
1,883 Posts
Tmac - you should have moved to an area that has more Deere GT availability, so it is your own fault:) Or, to look at he other side of the coin, you can prowl far and wide and collect all available Deere GT's and you will become the 'go to Deere guy' in northeast Texas!

Reactions: DEERE317

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Tmac - you should have moved to an area that has more Deere GT availability, so it is your own fault:) Or, to look at he other side of the coin, you can prowl far and wide and collect all available Deere GT's and you will become the 'go to Deere guy' in northeast Texas!
It’s called “Self control” wait what is that…? :LOL:

Reactions: army

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Self control, ME?
Temporarily anyway...we're 3 seasons (years) shy of my work exit...shh! At that point we're downsizing and moving back home...won't say where...except vaguely West. Once we settle there I may get back into the larger, old farm tractors as well as GTs...pretty slim pickings out there, too. If I had to move the herd today, I'd rent a big covered trailer or a container and semi and get on down the road.

·
Registered
1989 318
1,883 Posts
Sounds like you have a plan.

·
Registered
6,321 Posts
After you retire you're gonna love not knowing what day of the week it is Tmac. I used to kid about that happening but it's actually true now. Probably because I have no reason to care about it. Life is like a big long run-on sentence for me now. No punctuation to speak of.

Self control, ME?

Temporarily anyway...we're 3 seasons (years) shy of my work exit...shh! At that point we're downsizing and moving back home...won't say where...except vaguely West. Once we settle there I may get back into the larger, old farm tractors as well as GTs...pretty slim pickings out there, too. If I had to move the herd today, I'd rent a big covered trailer or a container and semi and get on down the road.

·
Registered
228 Posts
After you retire you're gonna love not knowing what day of the week it is Tmac. I used to kid about that happening but it's actually true now. Probably because I have no reason to care about it. Life is like a big long run-on sentence for me now. No punctuation to speak of.
Yea, I’m trying to get used to every day being Saturday.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi everyone!, I haven't used this site much, but there is so much info on here! So I just picked up my third 318, has a FEL 3 point, weight box, geared PTO, and 23hp vanguard, I don't need the PTO, so its up for grabs, I do need the two little brackets that hold the top 3pt bushings in, and a top 3pt link rod, this one is missing, and am wondering if i can use my tiller pump to run the 44 FEL ,
Thanks!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Hi everyone!, I haven't used this site much, but there is so much info on here! So I just picked up my third 318, has a FEL 3 point, weight box, geared PTO, and 23hp vanguard, I don't need the PTO, so its up for grabs, I do need the two little brackets that hold the top 3pt bushings in, and a top 3pt link rod, this one is missing, and am wondering if i can use my tiller pump to run the 44 FEL ,
Thanks!
The top link can be found at stores like Tractor Supply, Runnings, etc.

·
Registered
6,321 Posts
(y) I like pretending it's Sunday so I can sit on my butt till about 9 am, then do some stuff, then have a nap after lunch. For some reason I can't do that any other day.

Yea, I’m trying to get used to every day being Saturday.

·
Registered
6,321 Posts
Duplicate post. My mouse is double clicking itself. Time fer a newbie.

·
Registered
6,321 Posts
Just check it for functionality before you buy it. The threads can sometimes be an issue. I have one that won't adjust very much even with a pipe wrench. Not rust. Crappy workmanship. I bought two one day and didn't use the defective one for quite a while. Couldn't take it back.

The top link can be found at stores like Tractor Supply, Runnings, etc.

Reactions: reson4

·
Registered
22 Posts
When I get up on any day that ends in "y" it's a great day! Even better if it's above 50° that means I can paint green, what, oh, that the grass is growing so I can get on my green machine and mow! In the afternoon, morning mowing is called working, can't do that, what will the neighbors think?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm trying, way too hard, to put a photo on here, anybody out there that has an extra "easy" button? Now it got on twice, oh well, found "out standing" in its field, but wait, it came with 30 tiller, hyd front blade, 50 deck, blown intake gasket, and a full case of,,, was going to say neglect, but he was a real nice guy, master woodworker, just not a qualified mechanic, and my expertise is as a master maniac who will leave paper green for rusty, heavy green,,,,

2401 - 2420 of 2471 Posts