Weekend Freedom Machines banner
2661 - 2680 of 2715 Posts

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
(y)!

My brother has the same combo as that. His cab is all metal but the rest of the package is the same. It's a monster in the snow. I gave him a pair of gnarly 26x10-12 Mud Lites w/chains to put on the back and he has lots of ballast. It's almost unstoppable. That particular 420 was previously owned by a lawn and garden business. The engine is a 24 HP Honda with over 5000 hours on it since it was installed. He has the documentation for the repower and the service records from when the tractor was new. The JD dealer did the swap for the seller before my bro bought it.

Edit: he doesn't actually use the chains.

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Yeah I was thinking he must be ritch or getting a lot of lucky dog day deals.

Reactions: jake_vc

·
Registered
1989 318
2,480 Posts
Nice, did the owner give you any info on it's previous issues?

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
It's Dave right? Nice catch.

I got one last fall. Coworker of a member here contacted me about it. PO was still using it and I had to wait till his replacement arrived. It has a replacement engine and runs well but just needs a lot of TLC. Hope you can get yours running without a lot of expense and make it good tractor for you ... Gabby

Reactions: clarke212

·
Registered
404 Posts
It's Dave right? Nice catch.

I got one last fall. Coworker of a member here contacted me about it. PO was still using it and I had to wait till his replacement arrived. It has a replacement engine and runs well but just needs a lot of TLC. Hope you can get yours running without a lot of expense and make it good tractor for you ... Gabby
Scott, but yes, we shall see. Even if it for some reason becomes a parts machine, I should be ok..maybe. lol

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Yes, it is Scott. Been a while since we talked. Good luck with the tractor ... Gabby

Reactions: clarke212

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
My son went auction today and texted me pictures of an 80 cart. Had homemade wood tailgate, rusted out bed near tailgate and tongue had been lengthened. Told him if he could get cheap to get it. He hung out till about 4pm and they still hadn't gotten to it.
Oh well. He did come home with a spike aerator he got for $30. Brand unknown and beefed up a bit by previous owner

Reactions: N2 Tractors

·
Registered
579 Posts
Looks like another productive day Temp. If you have a lot of leaves to pick up in the fall, you will like that MCS. If you've never installed one, get the instructions and read them first. With the PTO driven MCS, I believe the easiest way to install is to take the box off the frame, attach the frame to the tractor and then attach the box. The box attaches very easily.

I've had the engine driven version of the MCS for about 10 years and I love it. It's much easier to install since I don't have to attach a belt to a PTO.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Looks like another productive day Temp. If you have a lot of leaves to pick up in the fall, you will like that MCS. If you've never installed one, get the instructions and read them first. With the PTO driven MCS, I believe the easiest way to install is to take the box off the frame, attach the frame to the tractor and then attach the box. The box attaches very easily.

I've had the engine driven version of the MCS for about 10 years and I love it. It's much easier to install since I don't have to attach a belt to a PTO.
Definitely productive. Got hopelessly lost in the mountains of Vt. with no working gps. It was a real adventure!! I have the mc519 cart for my mcs so I’m selling this one. 👍🏻👍🏻

2661 - 2680 of 2715 Posts