Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1881 - 1900 of 1927 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Delivered a Brantly power steering unit and KT17 engine parts to Winnebago, IL, then delivered a 54C blade to Biscuit 1 and picked up a model 33 tiller for sublimeo68charger. There was supposed to be a 332 with 50" deck, log splitter, and Brindley plow on that trailer to follow me home but I left the gate open. I was looking forward to being a 332 owner again.

Will keep looking ... also lost out on a $300 parts 318 just down the road this week. What a loser.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hopefully better days ahead, Gabby.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I found a 48” replacement deck for the 318. I’ve been looking for a while, but it was worth the wait for this one. It’s like new and already has the complete mulching kit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
279 Posts
I got a 140 H3 Saturday! with a mower deck and a custom color tiller it runs Good !

Reactions: Willmark

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I got a 140 H3 Saturday! with a mower deck and a custom color tiller it runs Good !
But the seat is terrible! Seriously, nice machine. What year?

·
Premium Member
8,088 Posts
Reminds me of the Ugly Seat Thread from a couple of years back...

At least this archived thread has all of its pictures, unlike some of the older threads I have referenced since the new site format changes...

Chuck

·
Premium Member
4,134 Posts
Went on the hunt for a 318 today, no luck, all I got was this lousy sign

Can't keep a straight face,no way in this world was the guy parting with it

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Looks like a snow cab on the lower right too. What's the matter Grant, didn't have a couple hundred in your wallet to flash around?

·
Premium Member
4,134 Posts
Tmac, that was a 110 hydro lift, and I believe the cab was for a 955 John. The guy had tons of stuff, he didn't want to part with too much or had an "I don't want to sell it price on stuff". He was a great guy to talk to and I am sure I will be back to talk with him again. I think if you needed something in a pinch, he would step up and sell it to you. When turned down on selling me the sign I then asked if he would give it to me, turned down again I asked if he would leave it in his Will to me. We will have to wait to see what happens with that.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Not mine, but good friend picked this 318 up today. Hour meter says 900+ but not sure. Came with 50(?) mower deck and 54 plow. Have to go thru and change fluids, filters, etc. Give it a good cleaning. He bought it with intentions for his daughter to use to mow 2 acre house she is renting. Not familiar with the Onans so will have to do some reading up. Blowing some white smoke and very low on oil, so hoping nothing to serious

·
Registered
175 Posts
Picked up an early 49 blower yesterday for $10. Couldn't get it to turn (which is probably why everyone avoided it) and all that was wrong with it was the chain had too much tension and was froze up around the small sprocket. Some penetrating fluid got it moving much easier and should be back to normal before too long (might just replace it). I'm pretty happy with my purchase. My pap also got this almost new aerator spreader for practically nothing.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Good save on the 49. The last one I restored the chain drive was full of mouse nests. Turned but difficult. Chain and sprockets were highly worn and needed replacement ... Gabby

·
Registered
76 Posts
It looks like I can make a RX75 from the parts between it and the RX73. 73 is too far gone to do anything with. It will also donate some parts to my 111
(Minor stuff).

Got both for $100.

·
Registered
27 Posts
A parts tractor followed me home today...literally, it was on the trailer. ;) It's another K341 powered 316, and came with a nice surprise that was not even advertised...a 33 parts tiller. Lots of small stuff missing, but still lots there.

Al

1881 - 1900 of 1927 Posts