1941 - 1960 of 1995 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Looks clean, great find!

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Garage is warmer than the house right now. In floor heating never gets turned off. Need to spend some time with the new to me loader to see if I am going to like the tractor supplied hydraulics to the loader. I can tell you already I do not like the loader and tiller sharing hyddraulics. I drop the loader and tiller drops at same time. Would like to keep the tiller on for counterweight. No transport locking bar.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Gabby, Depth stop on left rear of tractor should hold tiller up. You'll still have wait time though for whatever your outer lever controls... sounds like lift. Drive carefully though or you'll strip the threads in the depth stop! Bob

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Lift cylinder has shut off valve which should also separate the two lifts but seller said it did not provide ample clearance under the tiller tines. That again could be the depth stop setting. Bottom line is I want to check into installing a pump and control valve. I still have a hydraulic setup (control valve and two cylinders) I bought years ago with CADD plans to build a loader. Never happened but do have the valve already.

Could I just install a line on the power beyond port on the tractor valve and run it to the 2 inlets on the valve and drain the oil back to sump without separate pump?

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Sorry Gabby, I'm don't know of a power beyond port on a 332. Remember too, you control valve hydraulics are also shared with your power steering. A separate pimp would be best...and faster! Bob

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Forgot about power steering. I know 317 has power beyond. Need to see which is best, drive off pto on front of engine or trans tail shaft. Rear I would think would better hide small reservoir needed for the loader.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I'd drive of off the front of the engine. Shaft in hydro would be big $$ if damaged. I see a shaft/bar coming across the bottom of the frame, so I think a deck is out of the question...belt or deck will hit bar. What about removing pto and drive directly from crankshaft? "Hanging" as pump & driving from pto pulley will reduce ground clearance. Can uprights for loader be used for a reservoir? They look like they may be C shaped, but a plate can be welded in to make a reservoir. Just throwing stuff out for you to think about, Bob

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I liked the way the model 44 drove the pump off the front pto so will need to figure out a pump mounting bracket. I have a model 49 mounting bracket that could me modified to hold and drive pump. That would leave the pto intact. Another winter project. You know, this winter is going to be busy.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Sorry I did not get photos taken today. My horoscope for this week says I am going to be lazy (less ambitious) this week so I had to make sure it was correct. Burned out from 12 hrs on the road yesterday. I will get them posted. Probably start a new thread.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Nice, Gabby! Can't wait to see what you do with this.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Got the tube in the 420 tire this morning so then went out and took the tie downs off everything on the trailer. Need to move the mower deck and rear blade then I can back the tractor off the trailer.loader mounts take up the mounting holes for the tiller pump. Not sure the loader can be left on while using the tiller. Not really a problem as I have two 318's the tiller will fit on. I will have photos today.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Had a ridiculous weekend. Picked up a 54” Snap-On toolbox full of tools for $1,100. And on to Deere hunting, I had been looking for bagger bags to replace the bags that squirrels nested in last winter and shredded to no avail, then my wife sent me a listing on Facebook marketplace. A pair of the bags I needed, a GX48HP powerflow head with brackets and chute, and some other bracket for $15!!! The PF is barely used! Not sure if I’m going to sell it, or retro fit it onto the 34 deck on my repowered 60.

Reactions: jd140

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Mowed the yard today and still have two stumps in the backyard from storm damage this summer. There is a project for the 332 and loader. The model 44 would try to pull it out of the ground unless you had beaucoup counter weight, There is a word I haven't used in many years. This 332 doesn't have much for counterweight so tomorrow I think I will test it or break it.

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts

Had a friend just buy this 1926 D right off the showroom floor.
Look closely and you’ll see it’s a 1950’s Deere dealership with a few modern tools thrown in.

JD 110H, 140H3, 318 w/23HP Vanguard
OHHHHH I love the D's. Where was this Brent? I'm Just up in Alliston way just south of Barrie. Bet that place has lots of stories to tell.

Reactions: DEERE317

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I sold my 60 and 70. Last weekend picked up 332 with loader. I was still 1 tractor short.

Today Kevin C's 120 followed me home. Didn't have my glasses. He told me the last 3 numbers of s/n were 036. That would make it a 1970, not 1971 but I need to confirm that. I had s/n 022 but sold that to Garret. Tractor runs and sounds good but does smoke and by Kevin's account it does use some oil. I have enough projects needing completion so this tractor will either be used as is or I will pull the engine and take to repair shop. Will post photos tomorrow after I get it unloaded.

Gabby

Reactions: DEERE317 and jd140

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Rained most of the day here in SW Wisconsin so did not get the 120 unloaded.Tomorrow.

1941 - 1960 of 1995 Posts