Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1,961 - 1,980 of 3,360 Posts
Here it is, s/n T05710080036 makes it a 1971.

Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Lawn Agricultural machinery
Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Lawn Agricultural machinery
Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Motor vehicle Agricultural machinery
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Tractor Lawn

Mower deck is an M00595X which I believe is a 46" deck for open frame 3XX tractors. Also has sleeve hitch so I have a place to hang my plow.120 will pull a single bottom plow won't it?

Yellow Vehicle Construction equipment
Yellow Vehicle
Yellow Vehicle Car Label

332 complete first job successfully for me. Used it to pull the 120 out of back of pickup because 120 would not start. After 120 was out in driveway I remember Kevin told me the spring on the FNR lever was weak. Pushed the lever into the switch and it fired uip.

Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Motor vehicle

I have room in the lower shed for the 120 with the 317 and 80 cart. With some cleaning I may be able to get the 332 in there also.

Reactions: jd140
The 120 free wheels in my driveway. Haven't had that happen on any of my other Deere's. Probably need to check transmission pressure to make sure it is to spec.

That's a really good looking tractor, Gabby.
I've only seen 1 other 120 around me, not very common here.

I had a 1970, s/n 022, but needed to get my money back on a Deere collection I bought. Sold that one to Garrett out in SW Iowa. Him and his brother have quite a collection of early model round and square fenders. This 120 has had a paint job by a previous owner. Not a professional job but still looks good from a distance. No intention on doing anything with this tractor as I have a number of other projects to complete. Have already talked to local small engine repair shop about engine rebuild this winter.

Did you turn the knob out to engage the trans?
Yes, when I first started it would not move so turned the shut off all the way up. It does start and run nice. Just smokes as you said. There was a big bundle of electrical tape on cable between starter relay and starter. Unwrapped the electrical tape and there is a circuit breaker wired in? Haven't had time to research if tractor is modified from magneto to points.

I need to open a thread in Hydrostatic Forum and get this discussion off this site.

Thanks tmac ... Gabby

Deck belongs to this 332 so I am keeping it. I have other decks I can sell. What are you looking for and more important where are you located? Very difficult to ship items right now.

I'm located in North Eastern Iowa near Waterloo. I am looking for a 46" deck off of a 316/8 deck to put under my 317. I've picked up a powerflow 46 under the impression that it would fit my H048K deck. The output is to angled. If I could find a Power Flow 50 that someone would be willing to trade that would be even better.

Sorry, I thought this was my thread on the 332 and the 50" mower deck for that tractor. That deck is the correct deck for that tractor and is staying with it.

This is the code 0595 deck that was on the 120. According to interchangeability charts this model 46 deck was sold on 120 - 332 model tractors. Personally I think it is a bit much for the 120 and will be looking for a model 41 when I start working on this tractor. That is a ways out yet. Just an FYI ... the metal on this deck is in decent shape but the bearings are noisy. I need to get the deck cleaned up before put away in storage.

Sorry, I thought this was my thread on the 332 and the 50" mower deck for that tractor. That deck is the correct deck for that tractor and is staying with it.

This is the code 0595 deck that was on the 120. According to interchangeability charts this model 46 deck was sold on 120 - 332 model tractors. Personally I think it is a bit much for the 120 and will be looking for a model 41 when I start working on this tractor. That is a ways out yet. Just an FYI ... the metal on this deck is in decent shape but the bearings are noisy. I need to get the deck cleaned up before put away in storage.
Hey did you see this early 36 deck on facebook.

I already have a 46" 140 deck in restored condition ... 140 4? mower deck

Price is right on this one but a long drive to pick it up. Would prefer a 41"

Reactions: Stoshu
In the past two weeks, I've picked up a 1969 140 H3, 1969 140 H1 (repainted Patio), 1980 314 with blown engine, 1974 57 with the two blade deck, green frame #80 cart, two #48 decks, a set of rear wheel weights, and a #33 tiller. Both 140s and the 57 should be easy to get running, and I've already used one of the decks. Lots of good winter projects to get ready for next season. Nothing real pretty, but the prices were right. My wife has even started finding this stuff in the local Facebook garage sale pages for me. I think she must be ill.................

Had a successful accessory hunt recently...picked up a cyclone rake grounds vacuum hose for an unbeatable price, and it's not beat to death. Now I have to figure out how to store it, I'm thinking ceiling hooks in the garage and magnetic hooks in the shop then straps or cords every 2 foot or so, so I can keep it overhead and out of the way.
Hose Fuel line Vacuum cleaner Pipe Oxygen mask

Tmac,

Since the hose separates into two shorter lengths, I might try placing a dowel or rigid PVC pipe through the inside of the hose and then hang it all up from the ends of the pipe/dowel. This would keep the combination straight and compressed to its least length, plus support the hose along its entire length.

An entirely different approach would be to use a mesh bag like is done to store a bunch of soccer balls...

Chuck

Yeah, that was my first idea/choice...but can't get any PVC or wood poles at the local Home Despot that at least 17 feet long...our store is that far down on the inventory pecking list. I took the extension piece, 16 feet, and stretched it across the length of one of the panels on my double garage door, right in the middle of the panel. All four panels have a horizontal U-brace running lengthwise...which provides something to work with. A couple of long ratchet straps and 6 bungee cords later it is stored full length along the horizontal brace of the 2nd-from-top panel. The ratchet strap circles the hose like the stripe on a peppermint stick and the bungees hold it securely to the brace and door panel. Not ideal, but so far no worries. I can hang the other from the ceiling in my steel shop building, just need some magnetic hooks and some rope cut to length to act as hangers...it'll dangle from the hooks through a loop of rope...each hook/rope about 2 feet apart...it'll be up high enough in the shop to be out of the way, but I'll have to stuff newspapers in each end of the hose to keep wasps/mud daubers, etc. from exploring and building nests inside the hose. I'm going to make my first sweep across the property with the CR sometime this week, or I'll be buried in leaves when we get a hard/killing freeze.

Found this on Halloween night along the road for free in town. Turns over but haven’t tried starting yet.
Grass Bench grinder Tool Machine Power tool
Vehicle Lawn mower Wheel

Reactions: Grant Baker
So I wound up storing one 16 foot length of hose along the double garage door panel, strapped to the horizontal brace and about half way down the depth of the panel. Got some 10.75 inch ladder hooks at Home Despot and put them up on the west wall of the garage, about a foot down from the ceiling. This works well for storing the long hose...keeps it up off the floor and out of the way and doesn't make a weak spot in the PVC hose from bending if you coil it up for storage. Now I need some free time to use the CR and start getting the first blanket of leaves off the yard and away from the house.

1,961 - 1,980 of 3,360 Posts