Weekend Freedom Machines banner

Who's been Deere hunting

572K views 3K replies 233 participants last post by  army 
#1 ·
I just got back from a successful hunt and bagged this 87.

It has a fuel leakback problem, so the previous owner replaced it with a 1023e. He even threw in a moped. It shows 19xx hours, but doesn't drive like it.

What has everyone else picked up?

See less See more
#2 ·
I picked up a beer tonight....:lol:.
Seriously, where do you find these deals? It seems like at least once a week you have something on that trailer. I guess I just don't look hard enough.

Reactions: mrmaralube
#3 ·
KB
Your weekly finds seem to be a once in a lifetime find for me. I think I've only seen two open frame Deere's with Deere loaders my whole life! You Americans must have a green garden tractor or two in every barn, garage and shed in the land.

Reactions: DerrickPRF
#4 ·
This one found me. The seller refuses to use classifieds to sell things do to previous experiences. He gave me a range he'd like an offer in, and his dream price. I paid the dream price and still smiled the whole ride home. It had a couple unexpected bonuses too, a 3-point hitch and a rear pto. I will have to use the 140 to jump it and get it off the trailer. It feels much more substantial then my 445/40 loader. If I had time to do a foot hydro conversion I'd be selling the 40.

#5 ·
you need a larger trailer...

#7 ·
nice find, if you want to play with the loader I have a bunch of compost to spread around the yard after I get the 33 tiller mounted

Reactions: CarlJWinkler
#8 ·
I was just on another hunt, which I aborted due to holiday traffic, but as a was cruising down the road, this comes flying across a parking lot, pulls a hard right, and launches off a drainage ditch.

Apparently the guys at Howe and Howe were having some fun before the holiday. It will be seen in the upcoming mad max movie. They were swapping drivers when I went back by.

#11 ·
I went out today and got 2 notched wheel weights,4 suitcase weights and a 110 grill for $250CDN,I think I did good!

Watch out Mr. Blackman!

Attachments

Reactions: John P
#14 ·
Nobody else has anything to share?

I just picked up this 212 yesterday

k

Interesting seat

Came with a 38 deck. It shuts down after 15 minutes, but otherwise is great.

Today I picked up this 112/39/47/37a/ 31/ cab,

Then I quickly unloaded to go get this 400/60/50 with an easy vac.

It runs perfect. And yes Mike, I know I need a bigger trailer. I had to use the tiedown strap to get the gate pins in. The good news is the seller also is selling an 8x20, I might be back.

#17 ·
Cool Brent!!!

#1,876 ·
Keith,
It's apparent you picked everything in the northeast, so no one else in that area can post on their Deere hunting. There isn't anything left to find. :nada:
Nice scores.
Thanks Keith! Trying to corner the market? :cry:

#23 ·
Rammer
Yes, it's the one from that Kijiji add near Wasaga Beach . I was the first to reply to the ad and he held it for me until I was able to pick it up. Greg (toymech) from here, myself and my Dad had it running and cutting grass less than a hour after pushing it off the trailer. Not bad considering it last ran in 1989! I will post the snowthrower in the classified section here soon.

#26 ·
I found a 214 with a snow blade, wide mower, and a tiller with an extension at an auction where a guy was selling his collection of Cub Cadets (20-25 of them). I could have bought just about any of the older Cubs in the $150-$400 range, but I got the best tractor there for only $400.

#27 ·
Today was supposed to just be selling and drywall, but right after I got back from the beer run to be ready to work late I saw a 212 hydraulic lift with 4 wheel deck, wheel weights and tiller for $500. I called to see where it was, as the location wasn't listed in the add. It was 10 minutes away, so I brought it home. The weights had a buyer waiting, and I have a buyer on the way for the tractor, he was just looking at the other 212 I picked up a couple weeks ago.