Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this is what's been going on over the winter here at my house. I started the rebuild of a 68 140 that I got from AJ Cannon a while back. After I got the shop built and everything moved in, I decided that it was time to mess it up with a good project. My Camera was acting up when I did the teardown so I didn't get but one shot of that process, and while I was rebuilding the engine it went crazy again so I decided to get a new one and eliminate that problem. Here's what I done so far.

I rebuilt the engine, 10 over on the bore size, rod and crank were within tolerance so I left them standard. Did remove the balance gears when I did the rebuild.

Waiting now for some parts from JD for the front end. Had to get some new tie rod ends as well as a drag link, mine were worn out. Hope to get those soon, had them ordered for about a month now.
I painted everything with Nason single stage poly paint and it really does shine, about the only thing is it's too pretty to do any work now.

Thanks to all on the site for all the info that I've read about these great little tractors. When I get the rest of my parts in and complete the job I'll update the post with more pictures.

Jerry

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a yanmar 3 cylinder diesel engine that is suppose to come out of a 455 but some things arn't adding up . So I was wandering if it could have came from a early 455 or a late 430 garden tractor. This is the serial # *ch3029D014270* and the model # 3TNA72UJ Can anyone tell me from these numbers what year of engine i have ? THANKS Bruce S.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.