If they are teardrop shape you can use a 3 point top link cat 0 like what we used on my fathers 430. If they are like my 332 then you can buy the cat 0 draft arm balls from any of the 3 point makers or elsewhere for around $7 each. I bought them for my one 332 but then the cylinder started to leak so I replaced the whole cylinder. If you can weld-not too hard. Otherwise any welder can do it for you if needed. You can try to turn the inside ball 90 degrees as that often will tighten it up.
For a cheap fix, I made two dies from heavy wall tubing. They had a chamfer on one side a little smaller than the edge of the spherical bushing. Put a die on each side of the bushing and place assembly in a press. The outside race will be resized to the inner race.
So far I replaced he 2 tie rod ends, tightened the bot on top of the splined left hand side spindle and adjusted the 2 bolts on the axle beam. That has all helped. Before I bib all that it would take a full steering wheel turn to go straight mowing.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could
be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
A forum community dedicated to Vintage John Deere Tractors owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about classic restorations, references, performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!