Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of giving my worker 318 a coat of paint. Just wondering if anyone broke rank and used something other than JD green? Post them up!

·
Super Moderator
3,520 Posts
Are you looking for other greens or other colors? I used Nason JD green on 1. It was close but, not an exact match.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have several that are not JD Green and have seen at shows everything from pink to black. This is a 1966 RF that came this color. I assume it was a Government ordered tractor. Roger
I like that color. Thought about matching my Kubota Zero. I like their orange. But white might be different. Thanks for the photo Roger!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you looking for other greens or other colors? I used Nason JD green on 1. It was close but, not an exact match.
I was thinking about something outside the JD green. I have my stock 332 to pamper. My 318 is a worker and something I can make unique and functional. I wouldn't dream of repainting my 332 tho lol

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've seen one on (I believe...) this forum that was done in John Deere industrial yellow. That looked sharp to me. For a user, if I was painting a user, which I'm not, that one tops my list.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've seen one on (I believe...) this forum that was done in John Deere industrial yellow. That looked sharp to me. For a user, if I was painting a user, which I'm not, that one tops my list.

Hey I hadn't thought about that! That would be cool, go with the industrial color. Have to put gnarly tires on it.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I used Rustoleum "Charcoal Gray" on the 317 "Special" I built several years ago: HPIM2867.jpg

John Deere "Old Construction Yellow" on my 70 I: Garden Tractors 2015 002.jpg

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I remember 4 or 5 years ago that Jim Brown posted a picture of three of his parked near his pond. I have not been able to find it. Sadly he has not been on here for the past couple of years. All I remember is one was a black 332 and he shared the details of how it was painted. Another may have been a modern yellow patio? Maybe someone that can drive this search engine can find it - sure hope it wasn't among the "LOST TRANSFERS".

·
Registered
502 Posts
there is a yellow and white 317 online that you can find pictures of and i believe a black 332 or 322. i dont remember. you can look some up on the inter-web. i just repainted with original JD green because i like original. but that is just me.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
In my case, the modified tractors were junk to start with, the 317: GARDEN TRACTORS 583 (Small).jpg

Can't find my original pictures of the 70, but it was less than half there when I started on it. I prefer to keep complete tractors close to original!

Bottom line, it's your tractor, paint it as you like!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In my case, the modified tractors were junk to start with, the 317: View attachment 120505

Can't find my original pictures of the 70, but it was less than half there when I started on it. I prefer to keep complete tractors close to original!

Bottom line, it's your tractor, paint it as you like!

Yes, I have my 332 that is in nice original condition and I plan to keep it that way. But my 318 is something I use all the time and I strive to make it functional above all. I am looking at boom poke designs right now. But since I do use it for my business I think it would be appropriate to give it a decent paint job. Nothing special. Just a series of rattle cans and sand paper. I guess I could airbrush it. Never tried, but I do have a an kit. But I've done relatively good paint jobs with cans. Just have to take your time. and use good paint.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts